2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 11:56 AM by Asa Schoening

Web Button Revert All Not Working

Asa Schoening

Hello,

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered; I was not able to find any such thread.

For some users, the Revert All web button on toolbar at bottom of dashboard doesn't work, as described in these steps:

Open dashboard on server, select a filter option, click Revert All on toolbar at bottom of dashboard.

All data will disappear. Click Refresh on toolbar at bottom of dashboard. Nothing changes, dashboard still blank.

Click Refresh next to browser window -- data will load.

I thought at first that the issue was related to user permissions, but that doesn't appear to be the case. The issue affects several dashboards. I'm using Tableau 9.0.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Åsa Schoening

• 1. Re: Web Button Revert All Not Working
          SANDIP SHARMA

HI Asa,

Open dashboard on server, select a filter option, click Revert All on toolbar at bottom of dashboard.

All data will disappear. --- Data will never disappear until unless your filters are set to load the blank dashbord.

Above button will only rest your dashboard to initial stage (to initial published stage).

Please help me in understand, how this dashboard was published to server mean to say, it was published as blank or with some data. What type of filter are in use in this dashboard and its default value during the publication to server. That will help me understand your problem in better way. Hope you can understand.

• 2. Re: Web Button Revert All Not Working
            Asa Schoening

Hi Sandip,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Each dashboard is published with an extract, which is successfully refreshed on a daily basis. When the board is published, none of the filters in the margins are selected, so all data are visible. The Revert All button seems to be erratic, which is why it is all so odd. If I open the dashboard as one user and make a selection and then click Revert All, the data will reload for that user but not for another. When Revert All doesn't work, the boxes on the dashboard will be blank -- the data will really have disappeared. But, the data will come back if I use the Refresh button by the browser window. Given the behavior, I keep thinking it's a user-specific permission issue, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Or it's a weird bug.

Thanks,

Åsa Schoening