3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 6:59 AM by Abhishek Bhargava

Repository Down - Single node server - Status Degraded

Abhishek Bhargava

Hi All,

We are using Tableau server 10.2 version and repository status is showing down. We have checked from remote location all the service are up except repository and server status is showing degraded.

Could anyone assist me on this? Is there any procedure to up the repository without restarting the server? SANDIP SHARMA Server Admin Server Administration

• 1. Re: Repository Down - Single node server - Status Degraded
          Wilson Po

Hi Abhishek,

I would recommend restarting the Tableau Server service (run a Tableau Server Stop and then a run a Tableau Server Start).  In a situation like this, the process needs to be reinitialized through a Tableau Server restart; you might not need to restart the machine itself, but it doesn't hurt to.  In either case, you will need to inform your users of the outage but the restart be the fastest means to resolving the issue;  keep in mind that since there is only one repository, the Tableau Service might already be unavailable to any user as Tableau rely relies on that process for permissions and content.    If you are familar with Tabadmin - the restart command can be used here as well: tabadmin commands

• 2. Re: Repository Down - Single node server - Status Degraded
            SANDIP SHARMA

HI Abhishek,

Is this resolved? If not then request you to please help me with your hardware configuration, as it seems you are running on 8 core processor and you have enabled 4 backgrounder. And whenever your backgrounder will be in use it will use 100% processing power of your server processor. That's why it might be a reason of getting down.

If you are running on 8 cores then reduce your backgrounder to 2 or I will suggest to have only 1 or increase your hardware to avoid this situation for future.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Repository Down - Single node server - Status Degraded
              Abhishek Bhargava

HI Sandeep,

Thanks for your response.

By restarting the Tableau server it get resolved. We are running 16 core  server and its single node cluster.