1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 2:21 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Field doesn't always populate, but there are not nulls in that field in the data set.

Gina Battinich

Using Tableau version 10.0.5.

I have a filter where a user can enter a customer number and the customer name is displayed.  All of the customer #'s have customer names in the data source.  For most of the customer numbers, the name displays appropriately, but for many no name is displayed.  Any ideas?

Gina

• 1. Re: Field doesn't always populate, but there are not nulls in that field in the data set.
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Gina,

IF you could reproduce this issue in a small subset of sample data - with at least 4-5 working and a few not working and post as a Tableau packaged workbook, we might be able to reproduce the issue and determine what's going on.  My guess is that the field size is not large enough or defined quite right in one of the calculated fields.  A review of the underlying data/records might be a good check as well. 

I hope this helps.

Patrick

Please consider marking this post correct or helpful if it assists you with a resolution to your question.

1 of 1 people found this helpful