1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 3:58 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

How to show selected multiple parameter results individually not aggregated result

Manjula Raj

Hi All,

I have a data in excel and it has many columns. In that 8 columns are main to show the results. I wanted to do multiple select parameter but tableau is not having that feature so i created 8 parameters and using it as filters. Got the result also. But whenever 2 or more filters selected it shows the aggregated result but my client wants to see the independent result. I'm not getting how to do it. What exactly i wanted is:

Ex: i've 2 sets of parameter

1. Outright 100 MA which has 3 values None,Outright Above 100 MA and Outright Below 100 MA

2. Spread 100 MA which has 3 values None, Spread Above 100 MA and Spread Below 100 MA

When user select Outright Above 100 MA and Spread Above 100 MA I need to show the equity curve for both the filters. Currently it shows the aggregated single curve. How can i get the independent 2 curves on same graph.

Please help me. Attached the workbook.

Thanks,

Manula

• 1. Re: How to show selected multiple parameter results individually not aggregated result
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Manjula Raj,

Thank you so much for providing a workbook to assist with this.  I updated the workbook with a "Both" option.  For this to work, i have added an additional Parameter option of "Both".  I have then updated the field PnL to include an option for when "Both" to use Outright  and then I created another field that is Null when Spread or Outright is selected but is equal to Spread when Both is selected.  This field is set as a secondary axis on the view.  Will that work?

I saved this in version 10.3 since no version was mentioned. 

field "For Both selection" -  If [Spread/Outright]='Both' then running_sum(sum([Spread PnL])) else null end 

And for updated PnL -

IF [Spread/Outright] = "Spread" THEN [Spread PnL]

ELSEIF [Spread/Outright] = "Outright" THEN [Outright PnL]

elseif [Spread/Outright] = "Both" then [Outright PnL]

END

I hope this helps.

Patrick

Please consider marking this post correct or helpful if it assists you with a resolution to your question.