2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 5:42 PM by Russell Christopher

TabJolt - Network Path Error and Port Questions

Charles Chan

Hi,

I've recently been experimenting with the latest version of TabJolt, released on Nov 5, 2016.  It is installed on my laptop, and I am trying to test a Server environment on the cloud.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some issues I'm experiencing.

It seems to be working with mixed success. I get a network path error when trying to run Tabjolt.

------

Output File:C:\Tabjolt/results/2017-05-29_15-32-33/zabbixcounter.tsv

Error   Unable to get instances for category Memory of host <Hostname>. Skip collecting perf counters for the category. Exception Message: The network path was not found

Error   Unable to get instances for category Processor of host <Hostname>. Skip collecting perf counters for the category. Exception Message: The network path was not found

Error   Unable to get instances for category LogicalDisk of host <Hostname>. Skip collecting perf counters for the category. Exception Message: The network path was not found

Error   Unable to get instances for category Network Interface of host <Hostname>. Skip collecting perf counters for the category. Exception Message: The network path was not found

Error   Unable to get instances for category Process of host <Hostname>. Skip collecting perf counters for the category. Exception Message: The network path was not found

--------

I think it might be related to this part of the Configuration. (the other two tabs that came before seem right).  I was wondering how the Server Performance Counters work?  I'm assuming Tabjolt tries to query the performance counters on the Server?  If so, should an Administrator account suffice?

Additionally, in the latest  Installation Guide, I was wondering if someone could clarify this section:

--------

<hosts>

<host name="PREVIOUSLY LOCALHOST">

<applicableCounterGroups>

<applicableCounterGroup>machineStatus</applicableCounterGroup>

</applicableCounterGroups>

</host>

<host name="COMPUTER NAME OF SERVER">

<applicableCounterGroups>

<applicableCounterGroup>machineStatus</applicableCounterGroup>

<applicableCounterGroup>tableauProcess</applicableCounterGroup>

</applicableCounterGroups>

</host>

</hosts>

-------

Should both host names be replaced with the http://<URL> of the target Server?

Additionally, I've been trying looking at the section of the JMX ports.  (I've used the Process Explorer to find the JMX port for each process)

That got me wondering. the Server might need some ports enabled (externally as it is in the cloud).   What kind of port does the Server Performance Counter used?