No, you will not be able to do it. The server has to be the same or higher version,
You will have to downgrade your workbook to be,as Mark Bradbourne , pointed out to same or lower than your server.
How to downgrade:
1. Change your workbook.twbx to workbook.zip
2. Unzip the file and open workbook.twb with text editor e.g. Note++ or SublimeText
3. Press Ctlr+ H to active Find and Replace. Find your version e.g. "10.2.2", replace with "10.2.1"
4. Save and open your workbook.twx with Tableau 10.2.1
5. Save and publish to the server.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Actually you should be just fine. When you get out to the 3rd digit you're really dealing with the maintenance release. So even though you're at a slightly higher maintenance release version than your Tableau Server (10.2.2 versus 10.2.1) it should work since it's really seen as being on the 10.2.x branch. What you won't be able to do is to publish to 10.1.x Tableau Server or earlier. Which makes sense since new features introduced in 10.2 most likely won't be understood by earlier Tableau Server.
We have the following KB article that goes over compatibility:
Actually, you are right... my dyslexia got the best of me... don't listen to me
I did not know. This is why I love this community. I learn knew things every time.