3 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2017 12:44 PM by hareesh.tadepu

Tableau Architecture and Administration

hareesh.tadepu

Hi FRIEND'S,

I am working for a VENDOR COMPANY to a PHARMA CLIENT we have some requirements and while working on it  we ran into some  Critical issue.

Situation :-
      We have tableau server/desktop on VENDOR LOCATION and we want to use CLIENT'S SQL SERVER, which we are unable to do.

INGENERAL :- The Client want to accesses Tableau server hosted on our(vendor network) using their(client SQL SERVER)(CLIENT DATA)

I would like to know is this possible to do in this way? or is there any approach?

OUR SCOPE IS :-

• Establish Site-2-site VPN between CLIENT and VENDOR production Environments. Approaches for it please.
      • Implement SSL and ADFS at CLIENT and integrate with VENDOR Tableau for authentication. Approaches for it please.
      • Tableau AD Integration with CLIENT for Authorization.  Approaches for it please.
      • Connection from VENDOR hosted Tableau to CLIENT SQL (Datapipe) with SQL windows authentication.  Approaches for it please.
      • Connection from VENDOR hosted Tableau to (VENDOR DATAWARE HOUSE) – Local authentication.  Approaches for it please.
      • Backup and redeploy current Datapipe Tableau instance from CLIENT into (VENDOR) Tableau connected to SQL production database.   Approaches for it please.

I appreciate your replies and approach.

Regards,
      Hareesh

Toby ErksonAshley BassElissa Fink.

I appreciate your replies and approach.

• 1. Re: Tableau Architecture and Administration
          Toby Erkson

Hareesh Tadepu , please do not @Mention people in your opening question.  These forums are predominantly volunteer based and people will respond to questions they feel they can help with.  It also has the negative side-effect of keeping others out of the conversation since they tend to think, "Oh, those mentioned people will take care of this".

Also, some advice since you're entering the business world (your profile reads that you are a student), you don't pull in a C-level person for questions that a sales or customer support representative can handle.  Tableau is no small company now.  You need to talk to your local Tableau account manager for these questions.  While others can help here it's the one-on-one conversation with the rep. who will be able to help you most quickly and accurately

• 2. Re: Tableau Architecture and Administration
            Toby Erkson

While they are good questions they are very broad and would require help from other IT people in the organization to assist with details and possible solutions.  Some of the questions aren't directly Tableau related and you would configure Tableau according to the finalized underlying environmental setup.  I would recommend pulling in Tableau professional services -- a sales rep at a minimum -- as this looks like no small project.

• 3. Re: Tableau Architecture and Administration
              hareesh.tadepu

Hi Toby,

I agree! what you said is True. I was in a hurry so thought to direct the post to few people who are in my list to get a quick answer and later accept others opinion .

Thank you so much for the response.

Regards,
              Hareesh