1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2017 5:36 AM by Elena Hristozova

Midlands TUG May 2017

Alex Lea

Afternoon everyone

Just a quick note to say that the next Midlands Tableau User Group will take place at Parexel in Nottingham, (NG1 7EH) on Tuesday 30th May 2017. Please make a note of it in your diaries. More details and invitations will be available shortly.

If anyone has any ideas regarding the agenda - including offers to present - please leave a message below or DM me.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Kind regards

Alex

• 1. Re: Midlands TUG May 2017
          Elena Hristozova

Hi Alex,

Thank you for giving us the heads-up for the next MidlandsTUG and thanks to Parexel for offering to host!

Since last time we did some hands-on working with data session, maybe having some user stories and presentations would be good. I wonder if having one or two main presentations and then the 5-10 minute 'little tricks' demonstrations from attendees would work well - unless there are plans for a different format, of course. I would be happy to prepare something in advance that might be of interest to others.

Another option would be to split into different groups for part of the session and share ideas and experience from overcoming challenges that analysts and BI departments are facing, for instance, with their use of Tableau, stakeholder engagement, etc. Then we can do a group feed-back in the end. The Birmingham TUG did something similar and it worked quite well.

Also, is it worth sharing the link in the Information Lab's HE User Group section of their Center of Excellence? If you would like me to, I can check with them if they are happy for us to promote the event there.

Best wishes,

Elena