It is the responsibility of the Business Analytics Manager to collect and analyze data in order to identify and evaluate existing and potential business opportunities, product markets, to monitor competitors, to research market conditions or changes, and to evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns and strategies globally. Using insights generated through data analysis, the ideal candidate will be capable of managing a program from strategy inception to program execution including compiling and analyzing reports, monitoring campaign performance and budget and analyzing ROI. Effective project management skills and ability to develop and implement business strategies and assess business performance in a cross functional environment are required.
- Conduct data analysis to identify business opportunities, needs, and trends.
- Prepare analytical models and make recommendations to improve business performance and profitability.
- Define business case and design actionable plan to capture identified business opportunities.
- Design research projects, which answer particular business questions
- Analyze marketing and business metrics to identify effect-cause relationships between financial outcomes and marketing actions.
- Root cause analysis Identify root cause of performance or non-performance and, in the case of non-performance, suggest corrective action to execute turnaround efforts.
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of engaging and growing customer base
- Consolidate relevant market share and research data from key regions around the globe
- Generate market intelligence through internet research, data mining, surveys, and practitioner outreach
- Create insightful dashboards, reports, and presentations that effectively communicate relevant information and findings.
- Create presentations and regular reports for key stakeholders highlighting business trends and opportunities.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and automated reporting to visualize key business metrics and track performance.
- Collaborate with and assist business teams with metrics, reports, and analysis as needed.
- Analyze customers, organizations, and competitors using graphs, charts, and explanatory text
- Supervise Business Analytics Team / Business Analyst Positions.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Provide support to management team and stakeholders by responding to ad-hoc data requests, basic data analysis, and answering questions.
- Monitoring data integrity and working with appropriate team members to correct and prevent issues.
- Various projects assisting Senior Marketing Manager.
Knowledge & Experience
- BA or BS, ideally with emphasis in business analysis, marketing, statistics, computer science, or related field. Graduate/MBA Degree a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Solid business acumen, analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Background in statistical analysis and marketing strategy/planning.
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of relational databases, pivot tables, and data visualization. Prior experience with statistical and data analysis tools a plus.
- Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Tableau, R Studio, and/or Google Analytics a plus.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and analytical skills
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Equally effective in formal and informal settings with senior managers at conveying key information and defending positions
- Demonstrated success presenting to and influencing others to drive impact.
- Creative, self-starter with a global perspective
- Must be self-motivated, have a team player mentality, and carry a positive attitude