5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 12:09 PM by Madhusudhan Khambham

Need to pull the users who never accessed my project

Madhusudhan Khambham

Hi All,

I am trying to develop one report which should give the list of users who never accessed my project.

I was able to get who accessed it. But, not the users who never accessed.

Can someone help me by providing some suggestions.

Thanks in Advance.

Madhu K

• 1. Re: Need to pull the users who never accessed my project
          Jeff Strauss

Madhu, do you have SQL for the users that accessed your project?  It should be easy enough to reorganize it to have the users table be the primary and the left outer join to your project / workbook data.

• 2. Re: Need to pull the users who never accessed my project
            Madhusudhan Khambham

Thanks Jeff,

Will try with this and update you.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu K

• 3. Re: Need to pull the users who never accessed my project
              Madhusudhan Khambham

Hi Jeff,

No Luck Jeff.

For users who accessed the project at least once i used Historical events table left outer join with hist users and  inner join with users table. I was basically checking the created at date field and counting the number of users accessed.

Please correct me, if it is the right approach or i am going wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu K

• 4. Re: Need to pull the users who never accessed my project
                Jeff Strauss

Hi Madhu.

Try this out and let me know if it works.  On my initial test, it seems to be working, though I didn't 100% validate yet.

The concept is:

1. Get a list of all users from hist_users

2. Join the list of users up to the historical_events and build a result set of users + project - this gets you the users that have accessed the project

3. Take this list of users + project and do a where not in with an inner join to eliminate the users that have accessed the project

select distinct

hu.name || ' ' || coalesce(he.pname, ' ') username_and_project

from

hist_users hu

left outer join (select p.id, p.name pname, hist_actor_user_id from historical_events he, hist_projects p

where historical_event_type_id = '84' and he.hist_project_id = p.id and p.name = 'PROJECT_NAME') he

on hu.id = he.hist_actor_user_id

where

hu.name || ' ' || coalesce(he.pname, ' ') not in

(select hu.name || ' ' || coalesce(he.pname, ' ') from

hist_users hu inner join (select p.id, p.name pname, hist_actor_user_id from historical_events he, hist_projects p

where historical_event_type_id = '84'

and he.hist_project_id = p.id) he

on hu.id = he.hist_actor_user_id

where he.pname = 'PROJECT_NAME'

)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Need to pull the users who never accessed my project
                  Madhusudhan Khambham

Thanks  a lot Jeff for taking time and helping me, Sorry to respond little late, I didn't checked my inbox.

I took a different approach and were able to pull the numbers i was looking for.

Since we have a AD group and assign the permissions to access my project.

step 1: I took the (Groups) inner join (group_users) inner join (_users)  - I took the count of the users.

Step 2:  I took (historical_events) left outer join (hist_users) inner join(_users) - took the count of the users whose value is not null.

step 3 : blended these two data sources.

Step 4 : used Size() function and User name in the Rows shelf and filtered the Null values coming from the User Name field of Step 2.

It gave me the count of users who didn't accessed till now.

Thanks & Regards

Madhu K