The EIF, the European Investment Fund, is seeking to recruit for its Middle, Information and Bank Office (MIBO) – Information, Process and Automation Division (IPA) - Business Analytics Unit (BA), at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Tableau Software Officer
Appointment will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of three (3) years
Purpose:The Tableau Software Officer will define and document business requirements, assess their impact, evaluate, build and implement solutions including architecture aspects, perform testing and manage the related projects. S/he will ensure that the user(s) of the solutions receive the necessary guidance and support. The selected candidate will work in close cooperation with the various project teams, business users and external solution providers.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Business Analytics Unit and will work in close cooperation with other Business Analysts, consultants and all EIF services involved, ensuring projects and solutions are aligned with overall strategy. S/he will also ensure close contact with third parties including EIB Group services, external service providers and external consultants.
• Pro-actively follow-up business developments and needs;
• Define business requirements producing Business Requirement Documents (BRD) and System Requirements Documents (SRD) as appropriate;
• Actively support the creation of complex Tableau dashboards based on business requirements;
• Propose solutions aligned with business requirements, overall information architecture and the operating context;
• Define, develop, support and enhance certified data sources on Tableau server in order to answer Tableau Super users’ needs;
• Define and execute test plans and test cases;
• Provide support and guidance to super users to help them to acquire the necessary experience and best practice on Tableau;
• Support and administer the Tableau server ensuring that users, users accesses, projects and customisations are delivered as appropriate;
• Coordinate the tasks and activities of the service provider consultants in charge of the dashboard platform;
• Work in close collaboration with the Corporate and Management Information in order to address the various business needs in an organised and structured manner;
• Act as back-up for colleagues within the team.
• University degree, preferably in computer science, engineering and/or business administration, the latest complemented by quantitative studies preferably at postgraduate level;
• Minimum 3 years’ professional experience with particular emphasis on Business Analysis, its methods and tools;
• Proficiency and proven experience in Tableau Software;
• Knowledge and experience of SAS and/or Business Objects XI and newer versions would be considered an advantage;
• Prior experience in planning, provision and support of IT services and solutions is required;
• Previous exposure to Information technology, in particular SQL, relational databases and programming would be considered a plus;
• Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite, namely Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft VBA macros would be considered as an advantage;
• Understanding of and keen interest in further developing financial and business skills;
• Excellent knowledge of English both oral and written. Good command of French and/or additional EU languages would be an advantage.
• Strong analytical skills, sound judgment and effective communication skills;
• Good interpersonal skills, ability to liaise with staff at all levels and adapt the style
accordingly communicating clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Capacity to organize and prioritises own work efficiently;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team;
• Structured approach to work and creative thinking in proposing solutions and resolving problems;
• A delivery focused attitude to meet demanding deadlines in close cooperation with others.
Deadline for applications: 9th May 2017
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.