5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2017 4:14 PM by AnhVi Hoang

Filter using Total Result

AnhVi Hoang

The tab In Danger works fine because there is only one measure that is less than 75%

However, when it needs to be broken down by Bi-Weekly period, or by Patient Type the same filter doesn't work.

• 1. Re: Filter using Total Result
          Karthik Venkatachalam

Hi AnhVi,

I added both Bi_ weekly and Pat type, but the reason your filter wont work is, that the table calculation needs to edited accordingly as well. Else it calculates at a different level than the view.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Filter using Total Result
            AnhVi Hoang

Karthik,

Thank you for your answer, but it is not I am looking for.

I have 3 separate sheets:

1. In Danger (that works fine an have only 50 rows thus 49 Dr_ID) for all Dr_Id where the % of Meet Target YTD and All Patient Types is less than 75%

For analysis purpose I needs to find out in which Bi-Weekly period and What type of Patient those 49 Dr. don't meet; thus,

a. In Danger BW that has 165 rows (thus 164 Dr_ID). I want to filter out the Grand Total Column that is >=75%

b. In Danger by Type Ithat has 165 rows (thus 164 Dr_ID). I want to filter out the Grand Total Column that is >=75%

The a&b worksheets should narrow down to 49 Dr_D instead.

Cheers,

AnhVi

• 3. Re: Filter using Total Result
              Karthik Venkatachalam

Ok. I see that you have already tried to apply the dimension filters to all related worksheets. Unfortunately, that option is not available to measures.

Probably, you could create a parameter (for passing value 75%) and pass that to a calculation, which then results in a boolean (T|F), you can then drag that calculation into this sheet and then say, Apply to all sheets. Try this one.

• 4. Re: Filter using Total Result
                Jim Dehner

Hi here is the workbook

I have tried to send this 3 times - it keeps getting hung up

Jim

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Filter using Total Result
                  AnhVi Hoang

Karthik,

Jim solved the problem with a division of 2 LOD formulas in the attached file. I am figuring to apply your concept of parameter filtering.

Thank for your help.

Anh Vi

Sorry: those LOD are not nested