1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2017 1:59 PM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Paging

Eshwar Prasad

Hi Team,

I have a text table with 6L of records. (for POC i took sample data source IMAGE-2)

To improve the performance , i have created a filter to show top records based on the filter.

if i select 1-100 only top 100 records will show, if u select 200 - 300 it will show 200 to 300 records.

1. In the attached workbook i tried with pagination also, but it is not working, is there any way to do this with pagination?

2. And one more issue is,  i defended the Row using Index function. Now the problem is when i exporting all the S Nos are coming as individual columns.(PFB Image 1)

3. even though i filter with 100, 200, 300 etc, can i get all the records in the text box irrespective of the filter selection like 100, 200 300.

for example i have 1000 records in the text table, in the front i showed 100 records, but when i export to the excel, i should see 1000 records. is there any way to control the records while doing export.

IMAGE-1

IMAGE-2

• 1. Re: Paging
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Eshwar,

Hiding data as suggested with the pages shelf acting as a filter is not supported but there is a feature request to vote on related to this topic here:  https://community.tableau.com/ideas/1157 

There are some options/work around suggested on this page as well.

The export of the data to excel works if the pages and filters shelf are cleared.

There is not a way that I know of to export all data while only showing a portion of the data but you might be able to cobble together something like that with the JavaScript API

Patrick