1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 7:05 AM by Ben Neville

Prevent dashboard navigation on server from opening new browser tab

Andrew Watson

Wondering if anyone out there knows a workaround for this...I have a simple workbook with 2 dashboards and I use action filters to navigate between the dashboards.

If I publish with 'Show sheets as tabs' unchecked the filter action between the worksheets opens a new sheet tab in the browser, which isn't what I want to happen.

If I publish with 'Show sheets as tabs' checked then it works perfectly, it navigates in the same browser tab. BUT I don't want the sheets tabs visible :-)

As a one-time workaround I can publish with sheet tabs shown and then put &:tabs=no in the URL, which hides the tabs while keeping the functionality. However I can't ask my users to alter the URL every time they enter the report.

Does anyone know any other fully automated workarounds to prevent showing the sheet tabs AND prevent a new browser window opening while navigating?

• 1. Re: Prevent dashboard navigation on server from opening new browser tab
          Ben Neville

Hi Andrew - I believe you have a good grasp of the situation. The other URL parameter used exactly for this purpose which you may not be aware of is the ?:linktarget=self parameter. Its purpose is to have URL actions open in the same tab. Unfortunately, you have to navigate to the source dashboard with this parameter, for subsequent actions to open in the same tab. This means there is no way that I'm aware of without modifying the URL or embedding the viz in another page.