1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 4, 2017 10:40 AM by Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Twitter web data connector only returning a small amount of data?

Ben Powis

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use the Twitter Web Data Connector by Alex Ross to pull my Twitter account data into Tableau (Tableau Junkie — Creating A Twitter Web Data Connector ). All seems fine, but when I run the extract it's only pulling through 47 rows/tweets. I have over 9,000 tweets on my account, so would expect to see a lot more than 47. Looking at the date stamps they are all from the last 10 days. I've taken a look over the Twitter API limits, but I don't see anything here that should effect such a small amount of data.

What am I missing?

Ben

• 1. Re: Twitter web data connector only returning a small amount of data?
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Ben,

I am seeing the same thing here when I test.  Either the api or the configuration that Alex has setup must be limiting this to 10 days versus the 100 tweets that previously defined the limit.  I have moved this thread to the Web Data Connector area where it is more likely to have engagement with other users of the connector and where Alex might be able to see/respond as well.

Have you tried setting up your own local connector and configuring this?  If you are going to rely on this for ongoing reporting then I suggest setting up your own local instance of the code per the instructions.

Patrick