keerthana kumar

Hi All,

I need to create a report as below

1. Show Top 10 Products

Total sales by Top 10 Products

Total Sales by all Products

% contribution which is Top 10/Total

as below

Any help.. I have used sample superstore data source any guidance will be really helpfull.

result.png

• 1. Re: Top 10 total Vs Grand Total
          Travis Stone

Hey Keerthana,

This will be easiest done in separate sheets, and then compiled on a dashboard. I assume you know how to do Top 10 products, based on a filter. Simple drag Product Name to filter shelf, and choose 'Top', in the filter options, and select Top 10 based on Sales.

Then you can show the Totals by selecting the 'Analysis' tab on the top, then 'Totals' and 'Show Column Grand Totals'. This will give you the first part of your table;

You can also create a Top 'Set', which would help with the calculations you need to do. If you right click on [Product Name] and 'Create' -> 'Set', then under the 'Top' tab, you can also select Top 10 based on SUM(Sales).

You can create a new sheet that is just your total Sales, for you Grand Total. And then a calculation for your % of Total Sales with use of your Set;

Line all these up in a dashboard, and I think you have what you are looking for.

Hope this helps!

-Travis

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Top 10 total Vs Grand Total
            keerthana kumar

i want this to be done in the same sheet. my users want it to be exported to excel.

CAn we do it in same sheet by any chance

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Top 10 total Vs Grand Total
              Norbert Maijoor

Hi Keerthana,

Find my approach as reference below and stored in attached workbook version 9.3 located in the original thread.

My approach is explained here

Regards,

Norbert

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Top 10 total Vs Grand Total
                keerthana kumar

Thanks a ton !!!!!!!!!!!!!  that was such a help and great learning. Thank u so much Nobert.

I could achieve it .I have a quick question

Will it be possible to show Total Profit as below and show   :- sales/{fixed:sum(profit)}  in "% of" column to make it more meaningful.

Please let me know if this can be done as i want it in the same sheet .

profit.png

• 5. Re: Top 10 total Vs Grand Total
                  Norbert Maijoor

Hi Keerthana,

Based on "Best Practices" I would like to visualize as depicted below

Depicting as below wil give the viewer direct inside between Sales and Profit per Product and Ohters

Hope it helps....

Regards,

Norbert