2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 5, 2017 10:17 AM by PRABUKUMAR BALASUBRAMANIAN

    Tableau Datasource extract failing on Primary server

    PRABUKUMAR BALASUBRAMANIAN

      We are getting the following error while the extracts are getting refreshed.We are a 3 node clustered environment(1 Primary + 2 workers). When the data extract refresh goes to any of the 2 worker servers, it is fine. When the data extract refresh goes to primary, it fails with the following error message,

       

      com.tableausoftware.nativeapi.dll.DataSourceException: Tableau Data Engine Error: 80001: An error has occurred in IPC_Socket::Recv(len=16): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

       

      Please let me know

       

      We are on 10.1.5 version.This error started to happen after there was a restart of machines due to IT maintenance.

       

      After restart of machines, the passive repository went to Primary and active switched to Worker 1.I started to see errors in data refresh extracts after that. I then restarted the tableau server using tabadmin restart and then active repository switched to Primary back. But still the issue persists.

        • 1. Re: Tableau Datasource extract failing on Primary server
          John Kuo

          I suspect this is a firewall issue on the server. Make sure these ports are opened on all nodes.

          From Tableau Server Ports

           

          8060TCPPostgreSQL databaseX pgsql.port
          8061TCPPostgreSQL database. Used for verifying integrity of database for restoring.X pgsql.verify_restore.port
          8062TCPPostgreSQL databaseX pgsqlX.port
          8080TCPSolr, Tomcat HTTP, and Repository processesX solr.port, tomcat.http.port, repository.port

          These parameters must be set to the same value.

          • 2. Re: Tableau Datasource extract failing on Primary server
            PRABUKUMAR BALASUBRAMANIAN

            Hi All,

             

            This is the solution.

             

             

            Reason - Primary server machine - Extracts refresh failed

             

            Steps to resolve:

            -Stop the tableau server --> Tabadmin stop

            -Restart Tableau server primary machine , --> Tabadmin status - Primary Degraded, Worker 1 and 2 Stopped

            -Restart the Tableau server --> Tabadmin restart

            -- Did not work when tried to refresh the extracts

            -Stop the Primary server --> Tabadmin stop

            -Restart Worker 1 and worker 2 machines

            check status  --> Tabadmin status - Primary Stopped, Worker 1 - Degraded worker 2 Running

            Issue tabadmin stop command --> Tabadmin status - Primary Stopped, Worker 1 , worker 2 Stopped

            tabadmin config

            tabadmin restart -->tabadmin status -v (All servers started).

             

            This fixed the issue.It looks like then one of the worker or Primary server IP address was changed, so after restarting all machines and did a tabadmin config, it worked.Please let me know if my understanding is correct.