7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2017 8:29 AM by Jamieson Christian

Fusion of cells

KHALED MAAGLI

Hello everyone,

Please I have users who belong to different groups and I want to display the number of connection of each one , it looks simple but when I drag and drop fields (groups, username,Id)and my measure which is the sum of connection I couldn't get just one row because if for example a user belongs to 2 groups I get 2 lines so my question is how can I do to fusion the two cells in tableau software 9 ! Thank you for your help and sorry because I couldn't attach my package (confidential information)

• 1. Re: Fusion of cells
          Jamieson Christian

Khaled,

What exactly are you trying to show?

• For each group, how many connections are there to that group? Remove [username] and [Id] from the Rows shelf.
          • For each user, how many connections do they have? Remove [groups] from the Rows shelf (and also [Id] if there is not a one-to-one relationship between [Id] and [username]).

If the above does not yield what you want, I'm afraid you will need to clarify your requirements and provide some kind of sample of your data, what you expect to see, and what you are seeing instead.

If your workbook contains sensitive data, you can anonymize the data prior to posting a packaged workbook. Please see this video: Anonymize your Tableau Package Data for Sharing

• 2. Re: Fusion of cells
            KHALED MAAGLI

I'm trying to show a bar chart which contains the number of connection of each one and I get it but when I add the dimension group ,if I have a person belongs to two groups the bar chart will be devised to two similar bar charts with the same number of connection, I need to show just one bar .thak u

• 3. Re: Fusion of cells
              Jamieson Christian

KHALED MAAGLI wrote:

I'm trying to show a bar chart which contains the number of connection of each one and I get it but when I add the dimension group ,if I have a person belongs to two groups the bar chart will be devised to two similar bar charts with the same number of connection, I need to show just one bar .thak u

I'm sorry, I have no idea what "the number of connection of each one" means.

I really must insist that you attach a packaged workbook. If you cannot use your actual data, please create some sample data that illustrates the problem.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: Fusion of cells
                KHALED MAAGLI

Thank you for reply Jamieson , here my view and i want to group both bar charts 466 to just a one without remove the groups fields .

• 5. Re: Fusion of cells
                  Jamieson Christian

KHALED,

What do you want to show in the Groupes column, then? It looks like it contains 2 different values.

If you want multiple lines of Groupes values, but only one bar, you could suppress all but one of the bars with a special table calculation, something along the lines of:

IF FIRST()=0 THEN SUM([Nombre de connexions]) END

Configure the table calculation to compute along a Specific Dimension, and select [Groupes] as the only dimension to compute along. Replace SUM(Nombre de connexions) with the new table calculation.

Example with Superstore (using Customer Name and Category):

Superstore example workbook attached (version 10.1.6).

Is that what you're trying to do?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Fusion of cells
                    KHALED MAAGLI

yes yes yes , thank you for you help Christian i get what i want .

• 7. Re: Fusion of cells
                      Jamieson Christian

Khaled,

Excellent! I'm glad we were able to figure something out.

If your question has been satisfactorily answered, please be sure to click the "Correct Answer" button on the post to effectively "close" the question, so that contributors know they can focus their attention on other, unanswered questions. Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful