0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2017 5:33 AM by ameya v

Resetting a filter to one Default Value

ameya v

Hi guys, I have a client requirement The doubt is regarding user filter. I have certain users who have access to certain countries. I have say 2 countries, Country A and Country B. Some Users have access to Country A, while some have access to Country B, and a selective few have access to both the countries.

So when a user enters his/her credentials and logs into the tableau server, in the filter drop down,he/she should see only the country name to which they have access. so for this I publish the dashboard by selecting all in the filter . So suppose User A has access to Country B, so when User A logs in,Country B will appear in the filter drop down . Similarly suppose User C has access to Country A, so when User C logs in,Country A will appear in the filter drop down .

The main talking point occurs when a User has access to both . In this case, when User b logs in, he should see the data for only one Country. Also one default name should be selected in the filter drop down. But in this case, if we publish by selecting all in the filter, at first it will show the sum of both the countries

The other way i found to navigate this issue is by taking say country A, and publishing it. So in this case, when a person is having access to both the countries, he will only see the data for country A and then he can go to the drop down and then see the data for country B, also the user having access to only country A, will be able to see data for Country A and also he will see country in the filter drop down. But in this case, An user who has access to only country B, when he/she log in, at first they will get a blank view since they do not have access to country Country A

Hereby attaching a sample Excel file and Twbx file made on dummy data

I start with User A who has access to Country B, ans then when i take User B,I get country B and country A is seen in the drop down though it is unchecked . When user C is selected, it goes blank.

In Short , when a User has access to more than 1 country, it should take 1 default value and other should be in the drop down and it should not be selected,