6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2017 4:18 AM by Prashanth Badugu

VizAlerts not working in Production

Jose Avila

We recently migrated VizAlerts from test to Production but for some reason when I run vizalerts.py it doesn't do anything but open up cmd prompt then close; there is nothing being written to the logs either. I think this might be a trusted ticket issue but our administrator assured me he already has that configured. The vizconfig view views pick up the subscriptions that I'm looking to receive alerts on so I'm kind of stumped here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: VizAlerts not working in Production
          Matt Coles

Try opening a cmd prompt first, then running the script manually while inside it. You should see whatever output you need to troubleshoot it. I'm guessing since it generated no longs, it didn't even start the script, so that likely means an issue with python or perhaps file / folder permissions.

• 2. Re: VizAlerts not working in Production
            Jose Avila

Thanks, Matt!

I just found it easier to click on the script rather then put in the cmd but I'll check the folder permissions and the python file.

Thanks again for your fast response!

• 3. Re: VizAlerts not working in Production
              Jose Avila

python.JPG

Here is what I'm currently getting when I run it from the cmd. I'm guessing there are still some modules left to be installed...?

• 4. Re: VizAlerts not working in Production
                Matt Coles

Yes--all modules described in the install_guide are mandatory, not optional. So just make sure you install all of them, then follow the rest of the guide as carefully as you can, and you should be good.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: VizAlerts not working in Production
                  Jose Avila

If it matters to anyone, all our files were not copied over, for whatever reason. I went through each folder on our test and prod environments and just copied over whatever folders were missing.

Thank you Matt for not only your responsiveness but also for the development of this product. It's very much appreciated!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: VizAlerts not working in Production
                    Prashanth Badugu

Hi Matt

we are trying to configure vizalerts on our dev box..

i have tried almost everything on the admin guide ..but i am unable to get pass through this error msg below..

would you please advice on this to move forward.

below is the error msg when i try to execute the python script

E:\>VizAlerts\vizalerts.py

MainThread - 2017-03-23 04:38:02 - [INFO] - LoggerQuickSetup - Logging initializ

ed, writing to .\logs\vizalerts.log_2017-03-23.log

MainThread - 2017-03-23 04:38:02 - [INFO] - main - VizAlerts v2.0.1 is starting

An exception was raised loading the config file .\config\vizalerts.yaml: (<type

'exceptions.IOError'>, IOError(2, 'No such file or directory'), <traceback objec

t at 0x02C53BC0>) Stacktrace: <traceback object at 0x02C53BC0>

MainThread - 2017-03-23 04:38:02 - [ERROR] - validate_conf - An exception was ra

ised loading the config file .\config\vizalerts.yaml: (<type 'exceptions.IOError

'>, IOError(2, 'No such file or directory'), <traceback object at 0x02C53BC0>) S

tacktrace: <traceback object at 0x02C53BC0>

MainThread - 2017-03-23 04:38:02 - [ERROR] - <module> - An unhandled exception o

ccurred: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "E:\VizAlerts\vizalerts.py", line 463, in <module>

main()

File "E:\VizAlerts\vizalerts.py", line 84, in main

config.validate_conf(configfile)

File "E:\VizAlerts\vizalert\config.py", line 70, in validate_conf

sys.exit(1)

SystemExit: 1

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "E:\VizAlerts\vizalerts.py", line 463, in <module>

main()

File "E:\VizAlerts\vizalerts.py", line 84, in main

config.validate_conf(configfile)

File "E:\VizAlerts\vizalert\config.py", line 70, in validate_conf

sys.exit(1)

SystemExit: 1