3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2017 10:09 AM by Shinichiro Murakami

Can I use a parameter to turn on and off synchronize axis in a dual axis chart?

Joel Gluck

I have a visualization with a bar chart where I am showing values for all of the counties in Ohio with a reference line for the state measure. This works fine when the data type is percent or rate, but not when it is a count value. The state value is so much larger than the individual county values that the county values are too small to see comparisons.

I saw a way to use a parameter to start the Y axis at zero on a line chart. Can I use a parameter to turn on and off synchronize axis in a dual axis chart? Or is there another way to do this

- if data type equals count, turn off dual axis

- use a calculated field to change the synchronization for certain data types or if the state value is greater than the max county value

Here is the viz - it is built in Public and saved in version 10.1. The default view shows the issue in the bar chart below the map.

https://public.tableau.com/static/images/Oh/OhioSEOWTestVizwStoryfullcounts/Story1/1.png