1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 1:15 PM by Jim Dehner

Hierarchical filtering

Navya Thumula

Hello Team,

In my data there is hierarchy between district and territories. Each district has multiple territories under it.

Now I have a territory filter on my dashboard and  when I select Territory as "KY" it should display district as "ABC" in District filter and in Geography volumes view it should display the values for all the territories in the district to which the selected territory belongs to.

Tried using show only relevant values for district but it doesn't work?

And how do we build a view that displays  values for all the territories in the district to which the selected territory belongs to?

• 1. Re: Hierarchical filtering
          Jim Dehner

Hi

I have been working on your issue - Not quite there

I am on t10.1 so you would not be able to open the workbook but see below -

This d/b has actions uses Superstore data

It has Region and state level - you can select the region by name at the top and it will filter the state view below

or

you can select the state below by clicking on the state name and it will filter the region -

There are 4 filters on the dashboard - the first 2 are auto generated just by making the Regions and the State sheets filters on the dashboard itself

The third I added manually - and it passes the region field from the dashboard to the State sheet

the  forth passes the Region from the state view on the d/b to the regions view on the d/b

All the filters Show All when clearing the selection

Hope this helps

Let me know

Jim