1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 12:02 PM by Phillip Overpeck

Copy Dashboard from 1 workbook to another workbook in Tableau Desktop?

Sumesh Behl

Hi,

I have created three workbooks using Tableau Desktop and now I want to combine the Dashboards from each of these workbooks into a single workbook.

I am aware of the fact that this can be done by copying the dashboard and pasting it in the desired workbook.

However, I would like to know that by bringing the dashboards in a single workbook, is it going to affect the performance of these dashboards as compared to their performance if the dashboards were in the individual workbooks.

Thanks and look forward for the responses!!!

• 1. Re: Copy Dashboard from 1 workbook to another workbook in Tableau Desktop?
          Phillip Overpeck

Hi Sumesh,

This question won't have an exact answer every time. If your separate workbooks are all performing well, chances are good that they should perform well if you put them in the same workbook.

However, you might see an increase in the initial load time of the workbook due to the increase in file size. If they are all using the same data source, you may not see an increase. Although you might have to edit each dashboard to point to the same data source (assuming that is possible)

Things that may affect performance:

- Size of the data source

- Number of quick filters

- Number of Views

- Number of Marks on a view

- Complexity of Calculations

I hope this helps you,

Phillip