2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 1:41 PM by Christopher Fitzgerald

[Errno 11001] getaddrinfo during test

Christopher Fitzgerald

I am trying to get the first simple alert test to run successfully but am receiving the following errors.  I couldn't find any posts mentioning 11001.

1 - 2017-03-07 12:41:46 - [ERROR] - send_email - Email failed to send: [Errno 11

001] getaddrinfo failed

1 - 2017-03-07 12:41:46 - [ERROR] - perform_actions - Alert was triggered, but e

ncountered a failure rendering data/image:<br>

1 - 2017-03-07 12:41:46 - [ERROR] - run - Unable to process alert Provider Dashb

oard as csv, error: Alert was triggered, but encountered a failure rendering dat

a/image:<br>

1 - 2017-03-07 12:41:46 - [DEBUG] - alert_failure - All errors found:

1 - 2017-03-07 12:41:46 - [DEBUG] - alert_failure - Alert was triggered, but enc

ountered a failure rendering data/image:<br>

1 - 2017-03-07 12:41:46 - [DEBUG] - alert_failure - Unable to process alert Prov

ider Dashboard as csv, error: Alert was triggered, but encountered a failure ren

dering data/image:<br>

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks

Chris

• 1. Re: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo during test
          Matt Coles

Looks like an issue connecting to your smtp server. Double check that you've properly set all these values in config\vizalerts.yaml:

# Email settings
          smtp.serv: localhost  # name of the smtp mail server (change for production use; default is only set to "localhost" for ease of testing with PaperCut: https://papercut.codeplex.com/)
          smtp.port: 25   # port to user for SMTP server (default is 25)
          smtp.address.from: vizalerts@yourdomain.com  # default sender for all alerts mail
          smtp.address.to: serveradmin@yourdomain.com  # email address of admin to send failures to
          smtp.subject: 'ALERT: VizAlerts failed to execute properly'  # subject line in exception emails sent to admin
          smtp.ssl: false  # use encryption when connecting to SMTP server
          smtp.user: null  # username for account used to connect to SMTP server (null for no authentication)
          smtp.password: null  # password for account used to connect to SMTP server (null for no authentication)
             # This can either be a plaintext password enclosed in single quotes, e.g. 'myp@ssw0rd'
             # OR it can be a valid path to a .txt file containing the password, e.g. 'c:\users\mcoles\password.txt'
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo during test
            Christopher Fitzgerald

Looks like I was given some incorrect exchange server info.  Thanks for confirming that's where the problem was most likely.