2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 1:12 PM by Josh Delekta

Data Filtering - Custom Relative Date

Josh Delekta

Hello,

I have a dashboard with multiple extracts that are updated weekly on early Monday morning. All views are set to show previous month which works well except for one data source. One data source doesn't populate last month's data until the 7th of every month. Right now its set to this for data filter:

Is there a way to define this one data source to pull on last month's data until its the 7th of the current month? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

• 1. Re: Data Filtering - Custom Relative Date
          Mia Lee

Hi, Josh

If you have multiple datasources, and one has a different one, than you may use a calc. field that writes something like,

IIF(datediff('day',datetrunc('month',[process_date]),[process_date])>=7,"last month data","the month before data")

not sure how your data structure is set up (what your measures are etc) but hope you got the idea.

Thanks,

Mia

• 2. Re: Data Filtering - Custom Relative Date
            Josh Delekta

Mia,

Thank you for following up on my question. How do I employ the calc in the view? This is what I'm looking at right now:

Just to clarify I am trying to show 2 months previously until the 7th of the actual month. In other words, I have other files in the dashboard that update at the beginning of the month with last month's information but I have one data source that doesn't populate last month's data until the 7th of the current month.

I'm trying to set the calculation so the filter shows two month's prior until the 7th when it should go to last month prior because if its set to show "Last Month" its wrong and blank for the first 7 days of the month because there isn't any data yet.

Please let me know and thank you for your help!