7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2017 3:07 PM by Matt Coles

Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts

shamanth.umesh

I'm embedding multiple VIZ_Images in the email body. If the view for a particular VIZ_IMAGE is empty, I still get the sheet title in the email body. I do not want that. How can achieve this?

Example - 1. VIZ_IMAGE(TestAlerts/Low Availability Warning)

2.  VIZ_IMAGE(TestAlerts/Low Margin Warning) etc

In the above example, based on the filter condition, if first  VIZ_IMAGE is empty, I do not want the sheet title in the body. I want the second Viz image only if  the view is not empty.

Please help

• 1. Re: Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts
          Matt Coles

Hmmm...well, yes, the Title will always show up no matter what. So you'd need to make the heading of the first viz conditional on data being present in your first viz image as well, so that it didn't show if there was no data in it. You could probably do that by removing the title altogether, then making it into a Dashboard with some kind of Text viz where it's nothing more than a calculated field checking to see if there is any data or not:

Here's a calc on the text area. When no data is there, it disappears:

I hid the title in the original dash, added it to a Dashboard, and made the Title viz a floating part right above the original. Now when there's no data in the data source, both should disappear since they both rely on it to show up:

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts
            shamanth.umesh

Thanks for reply Matt.

I have only one Viz_IMAGE in the body. If this image is empty because the filter condition doesn't satisfy, I still get email alerts with blank email body.

Do we have a work around for this issue? For example - If the viz_image is empty, do not send an email. Similar to the logic of simple alerts.

• 3. Re: Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts
              Matt Coles

What data are you using for your trigger view? The view that your Email fields live in? Whatever that data connection is, you'll need to make the rows showing in your trigger view conditional, in order to send the emails themselves conditionally. A twbx would likely be most useful, along with a high level description of what your use case is that you're trying to achieve.

• 4. Re: Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts
                shamanth.umesh

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your help Matt Coles @. Please find my attached example package and what I'm trying to do. Thanks in advance.

Viz 1. I want emails to Managers in Red color(based on filter) -> Les should get an email

Viz 2. I want emails to Managers in Red color (based on a filter)  -> Chris and Les both should get an email.

I'm adding managers name and view name in  the viz_image to filter the image view.

From what I have already created - les will get 2 emails and Chris 1 email.

What I want - Les should get 1 email with - Viz_image of Manger sales and Viz image of Product category in the email body.

Chirs should get 1 email with -      Viz_image of Manger sales only in the email body.

There might be few managers who do not fall in either of the filters, they should not get any email.

Please let me know how we can achieve this

• 5. Re: Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts
                  Matt Coles

Thanks for putting that example together, it's helpful. Something like this for your Email Body * calc might work, then?

'You have low sales warning' +'VIZ_IMAGE(Viz_Alert_Test/ManagerSales?Manager='+ATTR([Manager])+'&:size=600,400|vizlink)' +

IF [Total Sales diff filter] = 1 THEN '<br /><br />VIZ_IMAGE(Viz_Alert_Test/ProductCategorySales?Manager='+ATTR([Manager])+'&:size=600,400|vizlink)'

ELSE ''

END

• 6. Re: Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts
                    shamanth.umesh

Hi Matt,

As suggested I added the IF condition in sheet 5 of attached workbook.

IF [Total Sales diff filter] = 1 THEN

'Manager Sales Viz_Image'

ELSEIF [Product category filter]=1 then

'Product Category Sales Viz image'

ELSEIF [Total Sales diff filter]=1 AND [Product category filter]=1

THEN 'Manager Sales Viz_Image and Product Category Sales Viz image'

ELSE ''

END

This will not work because [Total Sales diff filter] and [Product category filter] is depending on values added in Rows in Manager sales and Product Category sales sheets.

I guess we need to use some other function - fixed or some ting else so that the filter is based on the value added in the row

Need your help!

• 7. Re: Multiple VIZ_IMAGEs in Email body - advanced alerts
                      Matt Coles

Yes, I think you're right. The only conditionality that VizAlerts supports is in the trigger view. So all of the conditional logic has to be implemented there. Thankfully you're basing all this on the same data source, so FIXED LOD calcs would probably work well.