2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2017 6:32 AM by John Taggart

Any feedback from our 1st TUG of 2017 or any other ideas for this years meetings

Liam Mills

Any feedback from the TUG and any ideas for our next meetings

• 1. Re: Any feedback from our 1st TUG of 2017 or any other ideas for this years meetings
          Alan Russell

Thanks for hosting last week's meeting Liam. As a fairly new user, the live demo went right over my head, but I won't let it put me off!

For future sessions, what would be really helpful for me would be something about getting started with Tableau. Hopefully that would be of interest to more than just new users like me, as I guess more experienced users often have to get newbies up to speed. So some tips and tricks for taking someone up the learning curve might be a good session.

Cheers

Alan

• 2. Re: Any feedback from our 1st TUG of 2017 or any other ideas for this years meetings
            John Taggart

Hi Liam,

Thanks again for the opportunity to support the last meeting. Here's the list of suggested topics we can help with in the future. However, very open to suggestions on what we could assist with:

•            Chart types and when to use them

•            Maps, and Custom Geocoding

•            Performance Considerations

•            Custom SQL

•            Data visualizations best practises (good and bad visualizations)

•            Different Chart types and benefits

•            Data connections, extracts, and server refreshes

•            Data joining, blending - this can get pretty advanced levels too

•            Table calculations - this can get pretty advanced levels too

•            Maps (if that is something your company needs)

•            Sets

•            Level of Detail Calculations

•            r integration with Tableau

•            Data Governance in Tableau Server

•            Dashboards designed for discovery

•            Forecasting

•            Parameters

•            Data interpreter

•            Ad hoc calculations

•            Integrating other tools with Tableau (operationalizing sophisticated back-end tools like R and Python)

•            Make Over Monday

•            Release Updates Overview