2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2017 10:54 PM by Anuj Agarwal

URGENT help needed : Is it possible to create an Equalizer calculation ?

Anuj Agarwal

INPUT DATA.

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4
      USMENAT
      BusinessABC32
      DEF67
      GHI84
      SUM1715

Urgent help needed. Is it possible to create an equalizer calculation.

It should consider Max sum as baseline. So here considering 17 as baseline output for entire output calculation --

MENAT ABC business should be ----  ( (2/15) *100) =  13.33 % THEN  13.33 % of 17 = 2.26

Final MENAT DEF output (7/15)*100 = 46.66   Then 46.66% of 17 = 7.93

Final MENAT GHI output will be = (6/15)*100 = 40%  Then 40% of 17 = 6.8

Such that Summation is 17

BELOW OUTPUT.

Header 1Header 2Header 3Header 4
      USMENAT
      ABC32.26
      DEF67.93
      GHI86.8

Thanks in Advance.

• 1. Re: URGENT help needed : Is it possible to create an Equalizer calculation ?
          Jim Dehner

Hi

Ok I was able to get it to work (BTW please check your math above - the total for MENAT input data is 13 and that throws the other %'s off

attached is a t10.1 workbook

I called the US or MENAT Markets so you will see them in the calculation

The key calculation is  Max Sum>> { FIXED :Max({ FIXED [Markets]:(sum([values]))})}

the other is to determine the max for each market >>{ FIXED [Markets]: sum([values])}

The remainder are just to run through the contribution of each combination >>(SUM([values])/sum([market totals]))*sum([max sum])

Let me know if this helped

Jim

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: URGENT help needed : Is it possible to create an Equalizer calculation ?
            Anuj Agarwal

Thanks so much for all your help JIM

I have added updated dashboard for your reference. Requirement is to show everything Dynamic so that Bar chart works accordingly

Here check Details tab - In sample data set ABC business is having maximum so Max Sum (13) is fine.

now suppose if we are filtering out DEF (having max value 13) then max value should change to show data as per current Max value appearing in Worksheet GHI  ie. 12.

(As when we are using FIXED it will always be constant even after filtering out max value of data set).