February 13, 2017
Hello Greater Philadelphia Tableau Community - @phillytug
2016 was a great year for us. We have grown to over 300 members – impressive growth in just over 4 years. We have members in just about every industry, skill set and organizational size. Since we have grown to such a robust membership we are fortunate to have a lot of great feedback and ideas from the community over the past year. As we have mentioned at the past few user group meetings, we are looking to continue to grow and expand our community both in membership and in value to our members. We are forming committees to share in prioritizing, planning and delivering on the suggestions and requests from you.
User Group Accomplishments Since 2012
- Started with 6 members grown to over 300 members in 5 years = over 5000% growth! With year over year growth over 100%
- We rank in the top 10 largest groups
- Last 3 user group meetings sold out!
- Membership goals for 2017 = +500
- Meetings have been held at over 30 locations in and around the Greater Philadelphia area at commercial, public sector, non-profit, and higher education locations – expanding this year with the addition of User Groups in Wilmington area, Lehigh Valley area and Princeton area
- 2016 Job Fair with over 75 attendees
- 5th year participating in Philly Tech Week
We have gathered below the ideas and suggestions you have shared from many of our events, from our virtual meeting, pre meeting planning calls, emails etc. We are looking to add a little more structure to continue to add value and serve the community.
To make this a reality we are looking for volunteers to serve as Committee Leaders and Team Members. Our goal is to have these in place by the end of March. Meetings will be schedule between 2/27 and 3/31/2017. These meetings will be in person, with a video call in available as well. If you are interested please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tentatively scheduled dates are
- Interested Committee Leaders possible dates/times
- 3/1/17 12:30 -1:30
- 3/2/17 12:30-1:30
- 3/6/17 12:30-1:30
- 3/8/17 12:30-1:30
- 3/9/17 12:30-1:30
- Committee Team meetings will be schedule by individual committees between 3/13-3/31/17
Admin and User Group Internal
- Website – we have registered the following domains for use for the group
- Adding members/getting the word out
- Social media
- Books – recommended reading
- Make over Monday – Philly Tug Team to participate
- Talk Data Thursday - Philly Tug Team to participate
- Tableau Beta testing team - Philly Tug Team to participate
- Meeting Planning
- Philly Tug Ambassadors – welcoming new members, tableau resources
- Fresh Friday?
- Womenindata – we have registered the following domains – looking to connect the Philly Tug Women with the other Women in Data Groups on both a local and National Level
- Womeindata.org (in process)
- Women in data Wednesday?
- Philly Tug Giving Back – Philly Tug Team to participate in community work – Grants?
- Date, Time, Location
- Content, presenters, post meeting distribution of meeting material
- Coordination, registration,
Category Specific Meetings
- Women in Data
- Entertainment and Media
- Life Sciences
- Public Sector
- Non Profit
- Financial Services
- Philly Tech Week
- Pop up Data
- Job Fairs?
- Philly Tug at Tableau Conference
- Philly Vendor/Conference