There are two things we need to do in order for this to work.
- Create an action filter that has a Target Filter for [Order Type]
- Add [Order Type] to the Orders by ID worksheet so the action can work
1. Create an action filter that has a Target Filter for [Order Type]
- On the dashboard, click "Dashboard" on the top toolbar and select actions
- Select "Add Action >"
- Check the box next to "Orders by ID" in the top box, check "Order Type" in the bottom box, and have the action run on "Select"
- Under the Target Filters section, select the "Selected Fields" radio button and click "Add Filter..."
- Make both fields [Order Type]
- You'll probably get a warning that Order Type is a missing field on the "Orders by ID" sheet. That leads us to our next step.
2. Add [Order Type] to the Orders by ID worksheet so the action can work
- On the "Orders by ID worksheet", drag [Order Type] to Detail
Now, on the dashboard, if you click on the actual ID number (not the bar) it should filter the "Order Type" sheet to see the Order Types that are attributed to the Order ID while till including the other IDs on the box plot.
Hope this helps!
Unfortunately adding the Order Type to the Detail of Orders by ID messes far too much with my actual viz and I'm concerned users of the dashboard will try clicking the bars and not the row header. I should have specified that that particular solution would be problematic. On another note adding Order Type to the Orders by ID viz creates a stacked horizontal bar chart in my viz (segmented at 5 & 35 below) and I noticed in your image that the bars aren't segmented by Order Type. Is that just an issue with the image itself?