4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 6:16 AM by jens.bruckmann Branched to a new discussion.

Multiple Sites

jens.bruckmann

Hi,

now a really short question. When I am running a Server with multiple Sites how do I need to configure Vizalerts to get it run through all sites?

• 1. Re: Multiple Sites
          Matt Coles

The Schedules you create work across all Sites, so once you have configured VizAlerts, it should automatically work for all Sites. You have to tell it which Site the VizAlertsConfig workbook was published to in the vizalerts.yaml file, but you've already finished that part.

The one rule to be aware of with multiple Sites is that you can't pull in content from other sites into a VizAlert on a separate site. So if I have an alert built that sends Dashboard A from Site 1 to a group of people, I can't also include Dashboard B from Site 2.

If you want to enable/disable alerts on a specific Site or Sites, you can do so in the VizAlertsConfig workbook by editing the action_enabled_email calculation. It'd be something like

IF [site_name] = 'Site 1'
              THEN 1
              ELSE 0
          END

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Multiple Sites
            Toby Erkson

Matt Coles wrote:

If you want to enable/disable alerts on a specific Site or Sites, you can do so in the VizAlertsConfig workbook by editing the action_enabled_email calculation. It'd be something like

1. IF [site_name] = 'Site 1' 
            2.     THEN 1 
            3.     ELSE 0 
            4. END 

It's in the folder "1 - Email Action Settings":

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Multiple Sites
              Matt Coles

VizAlerts won't let you use content references across Sites. If you upload a workbook pointing to your Excel file as your trigger view on Site 1, you can't grab a VIZ_IMAGE() or anything else from Site 2 and email it out. Your trigger viz would need to be published to Site 2 as well. It was built like this for two reasons: 1. Because it's slightly more complicated to implement technically, and 2. It generally goes against the point of Sites, which is to separate content with no overlap.

If you're worried about having too many things lying around that you don't want to track, you can build a dashboard from the VizAlerts Config data source showing what alerts are out there, what Sites they belong to, and who they were published by (just don't make changes to the data source itself!).

• 4. Re: Multiple Sites
                jens.bruckmann

OK understood. So I will create a folder for me on each site and upload the email template to there.

I was thinking about a formula to implement but this will not work then I guess.

thanks for your help. I now can continue creating my settings. and deploy what I need.