The Lat/Lon in your two data sources to not match exactly, and you're using one set on one visual and the other set on the other visual.
Here's what I did:
- I changed your Full Outer join to a Right join to remove the null values.
- I converted all your Lat/Long fields to Dimensions.
- I changed the Dual Axis from being based on Lat to Lon
- I made sure that each visual was using the same Lat/Lon fields.
- You've got 3 sets ('All Zip', 'All BCHF', and 'Generated') so pick the most accurate one and use only that one.
Thank you for your response and interaction Joseph,
The solution that you propose does not resolve the issue. As you may have noticed, by doing the right join you eliminated over half of the filled map in the background. The same holds true using the other steps listed. Either way you end up with either an inaccurate filled map or inaccurate location geographies.
I tried a completely different approach with much better results. I created a New Union with both tables. Now there is only one location that appears to be inaccurate, and the null value of course.
For anyone who might be interested in the solution to the issue described in the initial question, here it is:
Whenever you are faced with plotting specific locations with different geo-codes to the filled map in a dual axis scenario, the best thing to do is to create a New Union using both tables. Now the only thing left is that pesky "null" value that resists deletion without damaging your filled map. If someone can assist with that solution it would be awesome.