2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 5:29 AM by dipti.patel.2

How to make a line graph dynamic based on filter

dipti.patel.2

I have a line chart with three measures -

Current Year total

Prior Year total

Allocation ( this is for current year )

Users has year as a parameter filter. So if they select 2017 then lines shld reflect with below years -

Current Year total - 2017

Prior Year total - 2016

Allocation ( this is for current year ) - 2017

Similarly if a user selects year as 2016 then following -

Current Year total - 2016

Prior Year total - 2015

Allocation ( this is for current year ) - 2016

I have a table based on the three measures in the Table worksheet where I can use the user selected filter and calculate.

In the Chart worksheet i am unable to figure how I can make the chart dynamic to filter.

• 1. Re: How to make a line graph dynamic based on filter
          Joe Oppelt

You should be able to pull YEAR off filters.  Your calcs already do the job of gathering what you need to display.

You only seem to get one line if you select 2016 (in the parameter, with the YEAR filter off the sheet) because there is no [Straight Allocation] data in 2016, and the lines for Prior and Current are identical.  (So the current configuration has Prior at the top of the Measure values list, and therefore it overlays Current and "hides" it.  Take YEAR off the filter shelf, select 2016 in the parameter, and then just drag Prior and Current to change the order in the "Measure Values" list.  You'll see what I mean.  You can also see that they're identical in the "Table" sheet.)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to make a line graph dynamic based on filter
            dipti.patel.2

Hi Joe,

So silly of me...I got the year filter in the filter shelf in error i believe and never look at it so taught it was not working as desired.

But thanks for the second eye on it and helping me.