1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 11:57 AM by Jeffrey Kritzman

Help! How to count rows and group by a specific field

Brett Gagnon

Ok, so here is my problem. I have table that i have link to Tableau, that contains member visits (1 row for each visit). I want to create a field that i can use as a filter that contains regular uses (<=2 visits), frequent users (3-9 visits), and super users (10+ visits).

I cant figure out how to make this happen. I have other filters like time period and county. I need the counts to adjust when someone filters these.

Example

January  time period and  coos county are selected. I would only want the records for those (easy so far...). Now i want to add another filter called "Utl Group" (that contains "regular user, frequent user, and super user"). I tried a few different ways but the numbers always come out wrong.

Visit_idMbr_IdPeriodCounty
      1A123JanCoos
      2A123JanCoos
      3A123FebCoos
      4B345JanCoos
      5C789JanCoos
      6C789JanCoos
      7D456JanCoos
      8D456JanCoos
      9D456JanCoos
      10E567FebWakulla

Hopefully im not sounding crazy here.

So if i had a summary page and i filtered for:  Jan, Coos, Super User  = 1 member

All, Coos, Super User = 2 members

All, Coos, Frequent User = 1 member

....

You get the idea.

Any thoughts on how i could create this Utl field? I've tried a case statement in a calculated field and have come up short.