1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 3:12 AM by chris monger

DOES NOT CONTAIN FUNCTION

Jennifer Sanchez

Hi All,

I am struggling with a calculated field. I am essentially comparing two different scores and if a score is >/< or equal to a numeric or qualitative scoring I am assigning a value. I am using that value to create a performance indicator using the shapes within my worksheet. The problem here is that one measure of which contains the word “PSI” uses both scoring types. However, I want it to only pick up the value when it is using the “Compared to National” score. This would be easy if I could wrap the beginning of my calculation with a Does not contain “PSI” and that would solve this issue but I can’t seem to find a way to do that. Otherwise, I am getting a NULL that overlaps on top of the KPI. Please note,I have the begning of the calculated field wrapped in STR since it was numerical so that I could compare both in one calculated field.

IF STR([Hospital Compare Most Recent Score])<STR([Target]) Then "Outperformed"

ELSEIF  STR([Hospital Compare Most Recent Score])>STR([Target]) THEN "Underperformed"

ELSEIF STR([Hospital Compare Most Recent Score])=STR([Target]) THEN "EQUAL"

ELSEIF Contains([HNMC Internal Measure ID], "PSI") AND  [Hospital Compare Compared to National] = "No Different than the National Rate" then "Equal" ELSEIF Contains([Internal Measure ID], "PSI") AND  [Hospital Compare Compared to National]= "Worse than the National Rate" then "Underperformed" ELSEIF Contains([Internal Measure ID], "PSI") AND  [Hospital Compare Compared to National]= "Better than the National Rate" then "Outperformed" ELSEIF Contains([Internal Measure ID], "PSI") AND  [Hospital Compare Compared to National] = "Not Available" then "Not Available" ELSEIF Contains([Internal Measure ID], "PSI") AND  [Hospital Compare Compared to National]= "Number of Cases Too Small" then "Number of Cases Too Small" else "" END