11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 10:35 PM by Deepak Rai

Apply the LOOKUP(MIN([Date]),0) filter to all worksheets

Matthias Maes

I'll repost my answer here, because I want to include the twbx which isn't possible in this thread.

I had to mockup all my data with some sample data so it's not related to our company anymore.

I also stripped all the extra's from the twbx so now it's just the essential: the date_filter applied to two views.

(the data setup is a bit complicated but this has to do with data padding so I can show targets in the future)

=============================================================================

I found a way so that I can apply the LOOKUP(MIN([Date]),0) filter to all worksheets.

So I don't need to use any parameters.

1. Create a calculated field "Date Filter" which is just a duplicate of your date: [Date]
      2. Drag it onto the filter shelf.
      3. Select "Apply to worksheet > All using this data source.
      4. Now change your "Date Filter" calculation to LOOKUP(MIN([Date]),0)

So I tricked Tableau by first creating a filter which hasn't got any table calculations. Only after applying this filter to all worksheets, I included the Table Calculations. Hope this will do the trick for you! You can do the same trick if you want to change the start month of the fiscal year.

1. Create a calculated field "Date Filter" which is just a duplicate of your date: [Date]
      2. Change the Fiscal Year Start via Default properties.
      3. Now change your "Date Filter" calculation to LOOKUP(MIN([Date]),0)

You first change the fiscal year start for a Date calculation without any table calculations. Only afterwards you include the table calculations: