1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2017 7:27 AM by Tharashasank Davuluru

Questions before purchasing

Dimitris Fragkiadakis

Hello everyone, will keep this brief, the premise is that I am pitching Tableau to my company.

1. Tableau desktop professional edition:

Since I will be using it on both a pc desktop and a mac laptop, is the licence embedded in the application/OS or is it through an account sign in?

2. Tableau Online:

Does Tableau Online provide with embed code for interactive visualisations (similar to Tableau public) and am I allowed to embed to our web site/other web sites?

Thanks for taking the time.

• 1. Re: Questions before purchasing
          Tharashasank Davuluru

Hi Dimitris

Tableau Desktop is licensed per user.  For each Tableau Desktop license, you may install and activate one copy of Tableau Desktop on your primary computer and a second copy on your secondary portable or home computer.

If you are using your Tableau Desktop license on two computers, both can remain activated simultaneously. It is only necessary to deactivate if you need to move one of your copies to another computer

Using One License for Two Tableau Desktop Installations | Tableau Software

Does Tableau Online provide with embed code for interactive visualisations (similar to Tableau public) and am I allowed to embed to our web site/other web sites?

Yes we can embed code from tableau online as you do it in Tableau public.