Hi All - My name is Ian Rubiano and I work at Staples, Inc. (HQ is Framingham, MA). Some of you may remember I presented at the October BTUG on how we implemented our Self Service Solution on an Enterprise scale here at Staples. Hopefully at least some of you enjoyed that presentation because I am now looking for 2 Tableau developers. These roles are within the business but on a BI focused team and will involve Tableau heavily. Alteryx development experience is also preferred but not required.
Check out the full listing below. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or referrals. To apply yourself please use this link: Job description - Staples global careers
Thank you and happy vizing!
Pricing Manager: Tableau
Sr Analyst/Tableau Developer
You already know Staples for our stores. What you might not know is that we are the world’s largest business products delivery company as well, serving everything from the 10 person office up to and including the Fortune 500 companies. As the B2B division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies to develop customized programs with specialized pricing, dedicated account management and a complete assortment of products and services at the lowest total delivered cost. Our commitment to serving customers is embodied in our brand promise: “We help businesses succeed.”
This role resides on a team focused on pricing technology and innovation. The current team makeup is a mix of members with experience in technology, project/product management, Tableau and data analytics.
We’re looking for someone who is energized to make a difference and enjoys a role where they can be innovative and entrepreneurial. Many of our recent projects are about reinventing everything we do from data to processes to systems.
This role will support that reinvention by working on Tableau development team. This team’s mission is to reinvent the way we look at Pricing analytics by creating consistent, automated insight into the data that’s critical to the Pricing organization.
- Develop complex interactive/dynamic dashboards with Tableau
- Develop dashboards with drill down capability
- Responsible for summarizing performance trends and highlighting problem areas
- Maintain consistency across multiple dashboards
- Optimize user experience
- Assist in driving Tableau adoption
- Proficiency in building and designing dashboards and scorecards
- Background in Analytics and Data Visualization techniques
- Strong analytic background
- Demonstrated track record of being highly accountable for results; able to deliver quality work while managing multiple priorities and acting with a sense of urgency.
- Experience with Tableau Dashboard, Tableau Server and Alteryx preferred
- Communicates effectively (in English) – both written and oral with strong interpersonal skills
- Truth-seeking; knows how to uncover the truth through analytics/data
- Skilled at identifying and assessing opportunities. Provides definitive point of view and recommendations from analysis
- Articulates outcomes and alternatives clearly to enable more informed, data driven decisions.
- Ability to translate customer feedback and other inputs into product features and solutions.
- Work with large sets of data to build proper visualizations and setups for consumption by users that are diverse in their level of complex data comprehension
- Emphasis on customer service and the ability to listen, interpret and formulate responses and solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 2-4 years previous work experience
- 1-3 years’ Experience in data visualization, reporting and dashboard creation using Tableau
- Knowledge of all Tableau products including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Reader and Tableau Server
- Installed, configured, maintained Tableau Environments; Development and Production
- Experience in managing users, groups, sites, permissions and roles on Tableau server
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent computer skills (Tableau/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment – adaptability
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task a must
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ***, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.