1 of 1 people found this helpful
Check out Alert! Alert! Turn on conditional subscriptions with 1 click in Tableau 10.1 | Tableau Software, it has a couple of examples.
The process is more complicated than would be ideal, but it works!
For a Simple Alert:
1) Set up the Tableau view that you want to send.
2) Add a filter or filters that only show the view when the view has data that you'd want to send.
3) Subscribe the view to a VizAlerts schedule.
For an Advanced Alert:
1) Set up the view(s) that you'll want to send.
2) Set up the trigger view.
3) Add a filter or filter(s) to the trigger view such that it will only be displayed (or only certain alerts in the trigger view displayed) when there's data that you'd want to send. Depending on how you've built your trigger view this may require using a Tableau data blend or a cross data source join to build out your filter criteria. For example one set of alerts I built had the trigger view coming out of one source that had names and email addresses and the actual data coming out of another source, so I used a data blend to filter only show the email addresses when there was data for those users.
4) Subscribe the trigger view to a VizAlerts schedule.
Did this answer your question, Sudhakar? If so, could you please mark the answer as correct? Thanks!
Hi Sudhakar .. I am still having the issue..