3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2017 9:11 PM by Yash Chaturvedi

best way to layout Tableau Online for users

mark schukas

I have six different departments and I would like all to come to Online and see six "folders" - each with their name (Online default page acts as the main folder) and then choose their folder and only see their Vizs that relate to their department...

?make sense...?

n.b., at present, I have made six projects (one for each depart), but I'm not sure this is the optimal way (users are familiar with Windows Explorer and they are getting "confused" between the Project and Views headings...)

?

thank you.

• 1. Re: best way to layout Tableau Online for users
          Yash Chaturvedi

HI Mark,

This is one of the way you can opt for, if you want to make this even more comfortable then you can share the workbook link which they'll directly open for their respective dept on the browser or you can link the dashboards on your website portals using (javascript embedded code) which will be best suitable options for your employees in terms of flexibility.

Let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thanks

Yash

• 2. Re: best way to layout Tableau Online for users
            mark schukas

thank you.

would be happy to have suggestions for Tableau Online....At present, I have:

go to Tableau Online (one click)

all departments have a Project (one to open)

each Project has a variety of Dashboards (one click to open)

each Dashboard now shows (one click to open)

I'd like to reduce the number of clicks (maybe two-one to get to departments Dashboards and one to open - then they can click as they desire in the Dashboard itself)

make sense?  WDYT?

thank you.

• 3. Re: best way to layout Tableau Online for users
              Yash Chaturvedi

Hi Mark,

As suggested earlier also, you can directly go to share on the dashboard and copy the link and share that dashboard link with that particular dept. in just one login using that link you'll directly redirected to your dashboard with just one click.

Hope it help, if you got your desired answer then please mark it as correct and close the thread.

Thanks

Yash

1 of 1 people found this helpful