3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 8:26 AM by Tom W

Published Dashboard that has the web page does not show in Server

Konstantin Blazhev

I have a very strange problem.

I developed Dashboard with Web Page Object and in my Tableau Desktop Šµverything works.

But when I published it to the Tableau server, the view does not give me any content - the page is simply blank.

So what I check: - 1. Tableau server has Internet connections. 2. Check and change my profile Locale to United States. 3. my user is Site Administrator.

Still I can't view my web page content. Currently I'm stuck without any other ideas. Can you, please, help me to solve this.

• 1. Re: Published Dashboard that has the web page does not show in Server
          Glen Robinson

Hi Konstantin

I tried your dashboard and got the same result

I then tried different sites, and it is working for them Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 16.17.45.png

So there seems to be something about google, that Tableau Server doesn't like. (not sure what though)

All the best

Glen

• 2. Re: Published Dashboard that has the web page does not show in Server
            Tom W

FYI, the webpage embedded in the dashboard is not loaded via the server, it's loaded locally on the client PC.

This is almost certainly going to be a problem with mixed HTTP / HTTPS connections. If you access your Tableau Server using HTTPS but you are using an HTTP URL in your webpage part, you'll have problems loading mixed content and the inline page may fail to load.

Try alternating the URL you use to access your Tableau Server between HTTP and HTTPS and see if that fixes the problem. You can also try alternating the URL used for the web page part between HTTP and HTTPS as well.

• 3. Re: Published Dashboard that has the web page does not show in Server
              Tom W

Also, this is specific to Google (and other sites which impose the same restriction):

When you embed a webpage in a Tableau Dashboard and render it on the web, it uses a HTML object called an iframe. Some webpages / servers specifically block their content from being embedded in iframes.

If you look in the console / developer tools for your browser, you'll see if any errors are being generated. Sure enough, embedding Google shows;

"Refused to display 'https://www.google.com/' in a frame because it set 'X-Frame-Options' to 'SAMEORIGIN'."

You can google the error if you'd like to learn more but effectively, Google doesn't allow it.