4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2017 2:08 AM by Simon Runc

facing issue using action filter

sudhakar reddy

Hello All,

i'm facing issue when using action filter.

i have created an action filter from sheet 1 to remaining sheets in a dashboard.

when i click on sheet 1 filter is working properly but when deselect it again filter is not leaving.i again need to undo the button to to leave the filter.

If i'm using hover it is working fine but i have an issue with filter actions.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Sudhakar Reddy

• 1. Re: facing issue using action filter
          lei.chen.0

Hello sudhakar,

Please check this setting and selecet "show all values" instead of "leave the filter".

Regards

• 2. Re: facing issue using action filter
            Simon Runc

hi Sudhakar,

It's hard to be exact without seeing a workbook...but I suspect you have the "Clearing the selection will" set to "Leave the filter", whereas you want it set to "Show all values" (you probably have it set correctly for your hover action)

Hope that fixes it, but if not can you create an example workbook of the problem.

• 3. Re: facing issue using action filter
              sudhakar reddy

Hello LIe and simon,

i'm using show all value option only.

Let me brief you the scenario.

i'm using multiple action filter among them i have one action filter where i used menu option.So when i remove the action filter with menu then everything seems to be working fine but when i reuse the action filter with menu option i'm facing the issue.

action filter issue.PNG

Hope you understood the scenario.

regards,

Sudhakar Reddy

• 4. Re: facing issue using action filter
                Simon Runc

So this will be hard to be exact without seeing an example workbook, but I looks like you must have a filter left on that Viz from another action...

A good way (I find) to debug this is that when you trigger an action, Tableau actually creates a filter set in the target sheet (example image below)

so if you de-select (as you'd want to) and find that the filter hasn't cleared for certain sheet, you can go into the sheets and see what filter (as an action) is still applied. You can then change that filter(s) behaviour.

Hope that helps