3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 12:52 AM by suhas doke

Problem with filter action to navigate between dashboards - having to click on the button twice

Bhanu Srivatsav

Comm_1.pngTo describe what I'm trying to achieve :

I am working on two dashboards which include a home overview dashboard and a detailed dashboard. I have set up a button that takes the users to the detailed dashboard from home, and then back ofcourse.

The way I have set this button up is : I have added the image as a shape in the repository and brought it up on a separate sheet. On this I have applied a FILTER action which takes the user from the source sheet to the target sheet. Here is where the issue is cropping up.

One needs two clicks to achieve this - the first to select/deselect the container and the second to actually perform the filter action of navigating.

I have tried multiple things, which include changing various options on the attached screenshot ( Leave the filter, Run on single select, Hover ) etc. but unfortunately none of them have been fruitful. I am trying to minimize the number of clicks to 1, but from my knowledge this seems to be a seemingly impossible task. Let me know if there are any alternatives to this approach.

PS: URL action is not an option, because I have filters on my source dashboard whose impact I want to preserve when I navigate to the destination dashboard ( Detailed Dashboard )

Thanks in advance!

Bhanu