3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2018 5:30 AM by MANOJ PRABHAKAR

To avoid scroll and get all the detail data while exporting dashboard in PDF format...

Jayshree Dawrewar

Hi All,

There are many post so far on this same topic /query, but other than the below options, do we have any other option?

Option 1:

Export to PDF (print to PDF) from a worksheet rather than a dashboard. You can do this on Tableau Server or Tableau Desktop. 

Option 2:

1. Open the dashboard on Tableau Server, and then click Edit.
      2. Select Download > PDF.
      3. In the Export PDF dialog box, make the following selections, and then click Download:
      • Layout: Portrait
      • Content: Sheets in Dashboard
      • Paper Size: Unspecified
      • Scaling: Automatic

I Also tried using the vertical container and fixing the height of the sheet but still it didn't worked as the data in the worksheet is much more.

If any one has any solution for getting the detailed data while exporting the dashboard to PDF irrespective of the scroll then do share it with me.

Thanks & Regards,

Jayshree Dawrewar

• 1. Re: To avoid scroll and get all the detail data while exporting dashboard in PDF format...
          Jonathan Drummey

Hi Jayshree,

This is a limitation of how Tableau renders dashboards to PDF, it only renders what's visible. The workarounds are:

1) Use a bare worksheet instead of a dashboard. For example I've set up dashboards with an "Export Data" button worksheet that has a Filter Action that jumps to a bare worksheet that is formatted with a title and the desired data, then from there users can export to PDF and get the entire list.

2) Set up the dashboard so there is no scrollbar and instead the Pages Shelf is used to cycle through the "pages" of data. This gets more complicated to set up in some cases but it's possible to set up the Pages Shelf and then the print to PDF can cycle through the Pages values. I've got a draft blog post on this that's been sitting around for several months, if you want to go this route let me know and I can dig it up.

Jonathan

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: To avoid scroll and get all the detail data while exporting dashboard in PDF format...
            Jayshree Dawrewar

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for quick reply.

But I didn't get the solutions you shared. It would be great if you can explain me in depth or with steps to do this.

I have 3 sheets in my dashboard two with 400 rows and one with top 10 data. So the two sheets are coming with scroll and because of that i tried page-by but i am not getting the desired output and my supervisor wants full data after exporting it to pdf.

Please do share if you have any details on this.

Thanks,

Jayshree Dawrewar

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: To avoid scroll and get all the detail data while exporting dashboard in PDF format...
              MANOJ PRABHAKAR

Hi JONATHAN i would need that now, it seems a great idea.

My Requirement is Exactly similar,

"Avoiding scroll and getting all the detailed data while exporting dashboard in PDF format"

it involves clicking on a single dimension on the Header text table and

all the details of that particular dimension gets shown in the bottom as two more views (first one has a combination of 21 sheets and second one has details text table view) with the help of Action Filters.

I have done that part But my main constraint is the download as PDF option.

Due to scroll the PDF doesn't capture all the details of that particular Dimension.

I like your idea can you please share your workbook here