5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2017 10:53 AM by Matt Coles

The python code has been installed into its own folder, but I'm not sure how to install the other modules like REQUESTS, REQUESTS_NLM, etc.

John Richardson

Hello, I'm the sysadmin for Tableau and have an internal request to install VizAlerts.  We have Python 2.79, which has the PIP executable but the commands in the install manual are not working correctly  If I run the install command It fails with some connection error.  This occurs after copying the modules from the internet over to the VIZ host.  The python code has been installed into its own folder, but I'm not sure how to install the other modules like REQUESTS, REQUESTS_NLM, etc.

Are these modules requests.py and requests_nlm.py and do they get copied into the vizalerts folder where the other code is installed.  It shows a PIP Install command, which looks to go to the internet to retrieve the code but it says it cannot locate.  I've tried from sites with internet access and from an offline server.  Will you please provide the details for adding these modules.  Are they really installed or do they just need the code from the REQUESTS folder copied into the VIZALERTS folder.  Thanks