7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2017 2:20 AM by Nikunj Bhardava

How to combine multiple binomial (text or null) dimensions into one viz showing frequency of instances the particular signs were noticed

Hannah Husmann

Hey Tableau Community,

I'm brand new to Tableau and after watching the some of the into videos, I'm still not sure how I would be able to combine multiple binomial (text or null) dimensions into one viz showing the frequency of each dimension. Ideally it would be a highlight table where the sign first noticed would be in the column and then the number of times it was noticed would be in the rows. The reason the different signs are binomial dimensions is because two or three could be noticed at one time and the data collection form consists of boxes where staff check if something is true. Therefore the data is not categorical and I can not seem to get a grasp on how to be analyze this type of data. Does has one have any detailed instructions on how to do this?

Attached is the workbook I'm using including the date/time the particular case happened, the case number, location of the case and then the signs noticed.

Thanks in advance for the help!! Also, if there is a video series covering this type of question could someone please point me in the right direction?

Joyfully,

Hannah