1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2016 4:31 PM by Brad Shuel

Color coding row

sankalp N

Dear All,

I have a requirement, due to data sensitivity i am explaining with the sample data in product category we have Office supplies, furniture and technology based on the sales value the back ground color should change.  Example for furniture if the values are b/w 100-120 then lite green, if more than 120 then it should display dark green. Similarly for Office supplies 80-100 one color and greater than 100 other color, for technology 80-100 one color and greater than 100 other color.

Pls see the attached file for clarification.

Thank you.

Furniture100120140150
      Office   Supplies8012090200
      Technology8011090150
        • 1. Re: Color coding row
          Brad Shuel

Hi Sankalp,

I believe you will need to create measures for each dimension value you would like to color differently. For example, for furniture, the calculated field would look similar to the following:

If [Category] = "Furniture" then [Sales] End

Category being the field that contains the value Furniture and Sales being the measure populating the crosstab.

Repeat this for each Dimension value you would like to independently color (Office Supplies and Technology).

Next, you can create a calculated field to color each individual measure we just created with a formula similar to the following:

If Sum([Furniture Sales]) >= 100 OR Sum([Furniture Sales]) <= 120 then "Lite Green"

Elseif Sum([Furniture Sales > 120 then "Dark Green"

End

Repeat a similar formula with the desired changes for each dimension value (Office Supplies and Technology).

From here the following link details the final steps. This link also contains a sample workbook:

Conditionally Format the Color of Individual Columns in a Crosstab View | Tableau Software

Cheers,

Brad