5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 5:54 AM by Steven Holden

Justify text in text box

Steven Holden

Hi all,

Quick one, does anybody know if there is a way to justify text in a text box within a dashboard?

Thank, Steve.

• 1. Re: Justify text in text box
          Jim Dehner

When you open the text box there are 3 radio buttons on the top of the frame to left, center or right justify?

Have you tried them?

Happy Holidays

Jim

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Justify text in text box
            Steven Holden

Thanks Jim,

But this isn't quite what I'm looking for.  I'm referring to the option in Word where justify means to keep the words aligned evenly along the left and right margins.  I don't see this options in a tableau text box. 

cheers, Steve

• 3. Re: Justify text in text box
              Jim Dehner

Steve -

Are you trying to put a text box on a dashboard? If so here is the path to justify the text

First pull the TEXT from the Object menu on the left - the text box will open - the 3 radio buttons on the top of the frame next to the Insert button act in the same way as they do in WORD

If you are looking for something else - please send and example

Jim

• 4. Re: Justify text in text box
                Jim Dehner

Hi - realized you may be looking to justify text in a heading or data field- if so see below

Start by right clicking the field and selecting Format from the drop down that appears - it will open the format pan on the left

at the top of the pane the second button is for Alignment - click it and the select the what you want to align (EG, Default, Pane, ..)

The drop down with the blue boxes will come up and you can make your select there

Does this work for you?

Jim

• 5. Re: Justify text in text box
                  Steven Holden

Hi Jim,

I'm afraid not.  I'm referring to the fact that you can align left, right and central, but you cannot 'justify'.  Justify as I understand it is to align both left and right margins evenly.  See screenshot in Word below.

I can't find that option in Tableau, either in text box or data field.

cheers, Steve.