1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2016 11:51 AM by lenaic.ridinger

Calculation on the subset of the Data

Ronaldo m

The Calculation Average on a MAIN_ATTRIBUTE which has two values like Basic and Pro

{ FIXED [AttributeName1],[MAIN_ATTRIBUTE],[AttributeName3],[AttributeName4]:AVG([AnotherAttribute])}

When i use the above Calculation i will be having 0.55 and 0.85 for Basic and Pro respectivly

But what i m looking for is for the Pro it should be like 0.55*0.85

which in case the formula can be like this,which is syntactically wrong

if MAIN_ATTRIBUTE = 'Basic'
      THEN
      { FIXED [AttributeName1],[MAIN_ATTRIBUTE],[AttributeName3],[AttributeName4]:AVG([AnotherAttribute])}
      ELSE MAIN_ATTRIBUTE = 'Pro'
      { FIXED [AttributeName1],[MAIN_ATTRIBUTE] == 'Basic',[AttributeName3],[AttributeName4]:AVG([AnotherAttribute])} *
      { FIXED [AttributeName1],[MAIN_ATTRIBUTE] == 'Pro',[AttributeName3],[AttributeName4]:AVG([AnotherAttribute])}
      END

in the else part it should be it should be the product as shown above,How can this be acheived, BAsically how to calculate on the subset of the main data.

• 1. Re: Calculation on the subset of the Data

Hello Ronaldo m,

Could you please try the following?

IF MAIN_ATTRIBUTE = 'Basic'

THEN {FIXED [AttributeName1],[MAIN_ATTRIBUTE],[AttributeName3],[AttributeName4]:AVG([AnotherAttribute])}

ELSE MAIN_ATTRIBUTE = 'Pro'

SUM([MAIN_ATTRIBUTE])/COUNT([AttributeName1],[MAIN_ATTRIBUTE],[AttributeName3],[AttributeName4])

END

If this is not what you were looking for, could you please post a workbook so we can have a keener look at your question?