1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2016 12:19 PM by Dan Huff

How to single left click to select multiple points at same Lat/Long position

Greg Reinecke

Hello All,

I have a self inflicted problem. I have a data source with rows that have Latitude, Longitude and a name. At times rows have the exact same lat/long but never have the same name. When I plot the positions as dots on a map and left click I only select the top one. If I left click and drag a small box around the point I get all the positions. I really want to click one time on a point and select all the points that share the EXACT same location underneath. Does anyone have an example or suggestions for solving this? Thanks in advance.

SingleClickMultiPointSelection.png

• 1. Re: How to single left click to select multiple points at same Lat/Long position
          Dan Huff

Since it looks like you already have a filter action setup, have you thought about applying some sort of rounding to your lat / lon values, removing your Name field from detail on your map, and then just having a user click the mark to see the names show up on the right?

See the attached workbook for an example. Obviously this wont be perfect, but it may help you get closer. You may also be able to use the rounded lat/lon on detail in your viz that has name and pass these fields in your action field. This way, you can keep the info in the viz as well as potentially capture the names that may overlap when you get results in your second viz.

Dan